Pages

4.21.2011

What I am NOT doing this Easter

Happy Wednesday before Easter.  I hope your family is able to enjoy this week if you celebrate Passover, Easter, Earth Day, 89er Day, or just the arrival of the Sunday Times.

Without going into a long whine, I will say; our family has taken another shot to the jewels.  The temptation is to throw a pity party.  The BIGGER temptation is to let the bitterness wash over me like a wave.  To indulge in claiming my right to my anger.

Can I keep the temptation from coming?  No.

Can I, this one time, choose to stand?  Yes.

I am standing.  For today.

Another day, I may be crushed (Another day, I will wallow around on the floor whining and putting my sneakers on the sofa and looking at God with one eye to see if He is appreciating my drama.)....

That was yesterday.  
Today, picture me, belly down. 
On the floor.  
One eye peeping...
to make sure the Father is still aware.
I know what I am supposed to do.
but it is more than I am made of 
to hold back my feelings.
Like a three year-old.
When I hurt,
I say, 'OW'.
Even though, I know...
Healing is coming.


But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved
that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years 
and a thousand years is like a day.  
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, 
but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish 
but for all to come to repentance.
2 Peter 3:9 NASB



This post is being linked to Mama Kat's Writer's workshop...which is another good place to be.  And I am sharing my awesome with Jennifer @Momma Made It Look Easy.

 

Mama's Losin' It










5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Alright, did you write that poem? Because it is freaking amazing! I'm sorry y'all have taken another hit, but what comes out of you when you do is something wonderful. Stand up and dust yourself off. You've got this.

Shell said...

I'm sorry that you are going through a rough time. Sending you prayers!

E said...

Sometimes it is perfectly okay to throw your hands up and have a bit of a pity party... If that's what it takes to move on. Good luck, and have a great weekend!

KLZ said...

Sometimes Ow needs to be said

Stephanie Faris said...

I've found that writing through my troubles makes me feel better. It's cheaper than therapy! I'll pray for the Lord to give you the strength through this tough time.