Pages

11.01.2011

What I Really Think...

Is that it is really a seen and unseen world.

While we sleep and bathe and eat and work.

While we wish and hope and love.

While we wait and wait and despair.

While we clean up messes and get shit on our hands.

While we sit in traffic.

While we take the bait.

Angels fight demons.

Demons whisper accusations.

We repeat them to others.

They catch like tinder.

We hide

Then the truth comes out.

Angels plant people in our paths.

They don't look like our type.


They seem to know us from before

The unseen sometimes reaches through.

Into the seen.

And we take off the unseen covering.

Much like we take off our clothes

soiled by living in the seen world.

We get naked in the spiritual.

Hand over the garment to Who makes it clean.

I really think.  There is a seen and an unseen.

Both for our delight.

Both fallen.

Both fraught with peril on every side.

A handful of times in life,

We safely lower the veil.



To the ladies of Rahab and the Naked Nuns.  To Ruth.  To Kristen, Nikki, Lori, Dana, Liz, Sharon, Rachel, Amanda, Beth, Coby, Amy, Wendy, Jill, Cindy, Sarah, Gina, Debbie, Lynn, and Sam.  To Francie.


Thank you.

 

Share Your Awesome

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

This is so beautiful. Really, really beautiful.

Joanna said...

I just heard Joyce Meyer say that too many people are walking around spiritually naked. I think you expanded on that.

Diane said...

Powerful post and so beautifully written. Really made me think...

Jen said...

Wow! I love this Maggie...REALLY love it. So powerful and beautifully written.
"Angels plant people in our paths"...love this line.
XO

Melissa @ A Wide Line said...

Wow, I'm speechless. That was just beautiful, but more than beautiful. Thank you for this gift today. You must be one of the angels.

francie said...

Yes, I love this. Thank you for sharing.

Desperate Housemommy said...

Truth and poetry, woven together. Love.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Beautiful.

Unknown said...

Beautiful and evocative. Reading this helped me clarify my thoughts on what I'm going through. Thank you!

Carrie - ASassyRedhead.com said...

You, my new friend...are beautiful.

This is it for me: "Angels plant people in our paths. They don't look like our type."

I could hug you.